Pakefield Church Weekly Notices
Sunday 17th January 2021
10.30am Morning Worship – Online Only
11.30am Coffee Morning on Zoom
Friday 22nd January
6.15pm Monthly Hour of Prayer
Sunday 24th January
10.30am Morning Worship
11.45am Coffee Morning on Zoom
Wednesday 17th February – Ash Wednesday Service
online at 6.30pm.
Thursday 18th February – Lent Course online- more
details next week.
Hymn numbers for those listening on CD
Hallelujah, Sing to Jesus MP – 207
I will offer up my life – PP 33
Please join in the Church Coffee morning each
week at 11.30am every Sunday, using the link:
Meeting ID: 876 7875 7485 Passcode: 589144
Church’s monthly hour of Prayer…
…. will be this Friday at 6.15pm on Zoom. With no opportunities at present to meet in person to pray, please make this one hour a month service a priority.
Meeting ID: 892 8215 5183 Passcode: 462170
Farewell to Bishop Jonathan
On Sunday 24th January at 3.30pm, as a Diocese we will bid farewell to Bishop Jonathan. He will preach at a service which will be live streamed from Norwich Cathedral. Gathering online we will give thanks for the many gifts Bishop Jonathan has shared with us during his time here as Bishop of Lynn and during his extensive and varied ministry in the Church. We will also send Bishop Jonathan and Rebecca away with our love and prayers and with God’s blessing for their next adventure together. Due to the current restrictions only those with a part in leading the service will be present in the Cathedral. However, wherever you are in the diocese, country, or even the world, I invite you to join us online as we will live-stream the service on the Cathedral’s YouTube channel. You can use this link to join: https://youtu.be/fENesGrXpHA or you can search ‘Norwich Cathedral Services’ on YouTube. The Zoom link is: https://dioceseofnorwichorg.zoom.us/j/87284244408?pwd=d3dmeGoxWHhUQnpVMTVwNGhwYklVdz09 Meeting ID: 872 8424 4408 Passcode: 609341 Or dial 0131 460 1196. Please only share this with those you know and not on social media.
Parochial Church Council…
…. will next meet on Monday 25th January at
7.00pm on Zoom.
Please let Michelle have articles for the next issue
by Wednesday 27th January.
This years’ service will only be online, and is on
Tuesday 2nd February at 6.30pm.
Gathering to Worship
Thursday 4th February at 7pm on zoom
Meeting ID: 811 2219 1362 Passcode: 207363
… great news, a brand-new Winter Armchair
Quiz is in preparation -coming very soon!
Wednesday Coffee Morning online?
If you would be interested in logging on to this at
11.00am, please contact Sandra at the Office by
phone or email.
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity – 18th -25th
The Week of Prayer for Christian Unity in 2021 has
been prepared by the Monastic Community of
Grandchamp in Switzerland. The theme that was
chosen, “Abide in my love and you shall bear
much fruit”, is based on John 15:1-17 and
expresses Grandchamp Community’s vocation to
prayer, reconciliation and unity in the Church and
the human family.
We believe in the power of prayer. Please give thanks
and pray for the following as you pray during the week.
- For visitors to our church, who come to simply look around or to pray, that they may know God’s touch.
- For those who live on Teesdale, Thornham Close and Tower Road.
- For those in our community who feel isolated, alone and afraid.
- For all those donating and organizing local Foodbanks and meals.
- For those you know who are unwell or in hospital.
- For Jill F, Janet Ellis, Tony, Di L, and David H.
- For the family and friends of Douglas Day whose funeral was on Friday.
- For the family and friends of Iris Restall whose funeral is on Friday this week.
Praise and Thanks
- For answers to prayers in our lives and those we love.
- For the 45 years of ministry given by Bishop Jonathan, and his past 9 years here with us in Norwich.
- For the Anglican Church of Australia.
- For the Sisters of the Ecumenical Grandchamp Community in their daily Prayer: Pray and work that God may reign. Throughout your day let the Word of God breathe life into work and rest. Maintain inner silence in all things so as to dwell in Christ. Be filled with the spirit of the Beatitudes: Joy, simplicity, mercy.
- For anything you have seen or heard during the past week and pray for whatever comes to mind.
(If there is anyone or anything that you would like us to include in this prayer list please let Revd Sharon know)
Collect for the Second Sunday of Epiphany
our beginning and our end:
bring us with the whole creation
to your glory, hidden through past ages
and made known
in Jesus Christ our Lord.
to everyone – especially if you are a visitor with us this morning. We hope you enjoy the service and will know God’s blessing.
If you are a visitor and would like information, or someone to visit you, please contact the Minister or one of the Churchwardens.
| Staff Team
Rector: Revd Sharon Lord
01502 516800 (day off Monday)
June King 01502 581330
Brian Jackson 01502 587205
Lay Reader: Trudie Jackson
Hon. Assistant Priest: Revd Di Lammas
Authorised Worship Assistants:
Part time Children and Families Worker
Mrs Katey Mills ) 07834910714
Church Administrator: Sandra Bendall
Hall Bookings Administrator: Val Turner 01502 218150